What you need to know about the upcoming RACC election
By Donna Morris, CRA, BS, R.T. (R) (MR)
Some of you may be wondering what the Radiology Administrator Certification Commission, (RACC) is and how it relates to the AHRA. The RACC is a separate and autonomous body within the AHRA that is responsible for the examination and certification of radiology administrators.
The RACC has seven commissioners; six are CRAs and the seventh is a public commissioner appointed by the RACC. The commissioners serve staggered three-year terms, and can serve for a maximum of two (2) terms.
Your current RACC Commissioners are:
- David Partridge, Chair
- Sandra Philips, Vice-Chair
- Donna Morris, Secretary
- Kimberly Evans, Commissioner
- Curtis Bush, Commissioner
- Tricia Trammell, Commissioner
- Eric DeBastiani, Public Member
According to the RACC policy and procedure manual, RACC commissioner responsibilities include:
- Instituting educational requirements, standards and procedures
- Developing and administering a certification examination pertaining to the eligibility for certification for radiology administrators as CRAs
- Establishing continuing education and recertification requirements for CRAs
- Bestowing public recognition to those radiology administrators who satisfy all certification eligibility criteria and successfully complete the RACC certification examination (CRA), and who fulfill continuing education and recertification requirements established by the Commission
- Establishing programs that promote and support reliance on the CRA credential by the general public, employers, and regulatory bodies
- Implementing a code of ethics, including but not limited to, credentialing, review of credentials, and discipline for CRAs
- Acquiring, developing, disseminating, and preserving data and other valuable information relative to the functions and accomplishments of the RACC
There are three RACC commissioners whose terms are coming to a close and nominations of individuals to fill these positions have been received. A three member panel consisting of two RACC Commissioners and one AHRA member currently holding the CRA credential have completed candidate interviews. The AHRA will provide CRAs the opportunity to review each candidate and vote for the individuals they feel will best represent them as commissioners on the RACC. Voting opens early next week!
It is our sincere hope that you will take the opportunity to voice your opinion and “Get Out the Vote”.
Donna Morris, CRA, BS, R.T. (R) (MR) is the Director, Clinical Operations -Imaging, Pathology, and Laboratory Services at Mary Washington Healthcare/Hospital and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org