By Cathleen P. Story, BS, CRA, FAHRA
I can hardly believe it has been almost 2 months since the Annual Meeting in Anaheim. If you attended the meeting, I hope you returned home with renewed enthusiasm and the contact information of new colleagues. If you were unable to attend start planning now for the 2018 Annual Meeting in Orlando!
Each year the Education Foundation (EF) conducts an annual appeal drive to raise funds to support its commitment to provide educational opportunities for the membership, such as the Osborn Scholarship, Broadley Scholarship, CRA Exam Scholarship, and the Ed Yoder Memorial Scholarship. The funds raised by the EF also support the Partners in Learning program and the AHRA and Toshiba Putting Patients First grant program.
This year we raised $33,495 from 188 member donors, $431,000 from our 33 corporate partners, and at the 18th Annual Imaging Classic Golf Tournament at the Annual Meeting, an additional $10,447 was raised. The grand total amounted to $474,942 raised for the EF this year. What a fantastic show of support! Thank you to our member donors, corporate partners, the EF Board of Directors, the AHRA Board of Directors, the Annual Appeal Committee, and the golf tournament organizers and volunteers for their financial support and hard work throughout the year. We have set the bar high for next year’s campaign, but I know with your continued support we will be up to the challenge.
I would like to take this opportunity to tell you a little bit about the EF Board of Directors (EF BOD). Unlike the AHRA Board of Directors (AHRA BOD), which is an elected position, membership on the EF BOD is an appointed position by the AHRA BOD. As stated in the bylaws, the EF board is comprised of 7 voting members in three classes in order to ensure a collaborative and cohesive relationship between the AHRA and the EF:
- Class One Directors: the AHRA President, Past President, President-elect, and Finance Director.
- Class Two Directors: not less than 2, and not more than 3 AHRA members appointed by the AHRA BOD, who shall not be current AHRA officers, directors, or taskforce or team leaders.
- Class Three Directors: not less than 1 member, not more than 3 members, elected by the Class One and Class Two Directors as determined by the Board of Directors.
Your EF BOD members for 2017-2018 are:
- Cathleen Story, CRA, FAHRA – Chair (class two director)
- Terry Bucknall, CRA, FAHRA – Vice Chair (class two director)
- Joseph Phillips, CRA (class three director)
- Angie McDonald, CRA, FAHRA (class one director, AHRA President)
- Jason Newmark, CRA, FAHRA (class one director, AHRA Past President)
- Bill Algee, CRA, FAHRA (class one director, AHRA President-elect)
- Chris Tomlinson CRA, FAHRA (class one director, Finance Director)
I hope that this gives you a better understanding of the EF BOD. It is an honor to serve on the board and as Chair for 2017-2018.
Thank you once again for your support of the EF and its programs. If you have any questions about the EF or are interested in serving on the 2018 Annual Appeal Committee, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Cathleen P. Story, BS, CRA, FAHRA is the 2017-2018 chair of the AHRA Education Foundation Board of Directors. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.