By The Annual Meeting Design Team
April 2013—The 2013 AHRA Annual Meeting is fast approaching. The Annual Meeting Design Team, along with numerous others behind the scenes, is hard at work planning an incredible meeting for YOU, AHRA members and supporters.
Here are seven reasons why you absolutely don’t want to miss this year’s Annual Meeting taking place in Minneapolis, MN, July 28-31:
1. Networking. Attending an annual meeting gives you the ability to network with friends and fellow AHRA members face-to-face over several days, giving you countless opportunities to share best practice information with your colleagues and grow as a leader. Many life-long professional and personal friendships have begun at an AHRA Annual Meeting.
Reminder: Bring an ample supply of your business cards to share with your colleagues!
2. 40 years. This year, AHRA celebrates its 40th anniversary. Be sure to attend the Presidential Reception being held Sunday, July 28th to spend an exciting evening with past, present, and future AHRA presidents, Gold Award winners, and Emeritus members.
3. CEUs. There will be countless opportunities to attend keynote, break-out, and vendor symposia presentations by content experts on current industry hot topics, advancements in technology, regulatory compliance, and evidence based leadership techniques. Attending an annual meeting is a great way to obtain Continuing Education credits.
4. Keynote speaker lineup. Eric Wahl, one of today’s most sought after professional speakers, motivator and “un-thinker,” has been confirmed as our opening keynote. Liz Jazwiec, Studer Group coach and author, has been confirmed as Tuesday’s keynote. Motivational speaker and humorist Scott Christopher will be the closing keynote on Wednesday with an entertaining presentation entitled “The Levity Effect”. This is one of the best keynote lineups ever and you will not want to miss a single one!
5. Vendors. The Exhibit Hall will be packed with hundreds of medical imaging’s leading vendors who will be demonstrating and explaining their current offerings. This is a great opportunity for attendees to spend quality one-on-one time with many of the leading technology vendors in the industry.
Vendor Gratitude: Please remember to say ‘thank you’ to all vendors who support the AHRA. Their invaluable participation and ongoing support of the AHRA help make the Annual Meeting possible.
6. Physician Track. A new Physician Track has been added to the Annual Meeting itinerary this year! It will be held on Sunday, July 28, 2013, and many highly respected physicians will be presenting information on current topics of interest. This is the perfect time for the imaging department’s physician leadership and administrative leadership to come together as a team and attend a mutually beneficial learning conference.
7. Minneapolis. The location of this year’s meeting is Minneapolis, Minnesota – a truly beautiful and incredible city! There are numerous hotels that offer economical accommodations within walking distance of the Minneapolis Convention Center. The easy to navigate downtown area has countless restaurants, pubs, coffee shops, retail shopping, and cultural offerings. And don’t forget the Mall of America is only a short cab or rail ride from downtown Minneapolis for our ‘shopaholic’ attendees.
There are so many reasons to attend the 2013 Annual Meeting. Why are you waiting? Register today, and we’ll see you in July!