By AHRA Staff
May 2011–The Broadley Scholarship was established to honor Louise Broadley, FAHRA, long-time leader of AHRA. (Click here to read more about Louise Broadley and her role to medical imaging.) Consistent with Louise’s contributions to the careers of countless administrators and radiologic technologists, this program provides scholarship support to medical imaging managers desiring to enhance their careers through education. Two Broadley scholarships of $2500 each will be awarded in 2011 to support members enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs relevant to a management career in a medical imaging field.
In order to be considered, AHRA members must:
- Be a current active member of the AHRA and in good standing for at least three consecutive years.
- Have been accepted into an initial undergraduate or initial graduate degree program relevant to a supervisory career in a medical imaging field prior to submitting application. Applicants cannot have previously earned a degree at the same level (eg, members who hold a bachelor’s degree can not use Broadley Scholarship funds toward an additional bachelor’s degree).
- At time of application, hold a supervisory position within a medical imaging department or imaging center and have held such a position for at least one year.
Previous Broadley Scholarship awardees are ineligible to reapply. Members are eligible to receive one Broadley Scholarship only.
- Completed application (included in the application packet). Must be typed or neatly handwritten in dark ink.
- Completed recommendation form from applicant’s supervisor. Please use the provided form (included in the application packet).
- Completed recommendation form from a current AHRA member currently employed in an imaging position. Please use the provided form (included in the application packet).
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Letter of intent of no less than 500 words by applicant to address all of the following:
- Professional accomplishments to date
- Educational and career goals
- Impact the undergraduate or graduate degree sought will have on achieving these goals
- Intended use of scholarship money
- Anticipated funding of expenses in the absence of a Broadley Scholarship
- Documentation of acceptance into an undergraduate or graduate program
Completed applications are due June 6, 2011. Questions? Please contact Sarah Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.